Monday, May 30, 2011

Thai-spiration: Coconut Chicken Soup

Recently, we had some lemongrass in the fridge (leftover from this meal) that needed to be used. When I discovered that we also had some chiles and mushrooms on hand, I realized we were one can of coconut milk away from this delicious Coconut Chicken Soup.

I made several adaptations based on what we had or didn't have. I used fresh mushrooms instead of canned, fresno chiles instead of Thai, reduced-fat coconut milk instead of regular, lime zest instead of kaffir lime leaves, and boxed stock instead of homemade.


And guess what? It was still amazing! One of the reasons I love Thai food so much is the salty-sweet-sour pucker that hits you right in the cheeks. The zing of the lime and spice of the chiles swirled together with the chicken and mushrooms in the milky broth.

Not too heavy, perfect for the beginning of summer. Try it out!

Happy Searching,

2 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails