Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pasta Para Uno: Carbonara

When my chef is unavailable or out of town (as he is currently), I am forced to cook for myself. I use the word "forced" in jest--sort of. I love to cook, but since dinner has been ready when I get home from work for nearly a year, I am a little rusty (and a little bit spoiled).

One of my go-to meals when I am dining solo is Pasta Carbonara. Bacon? Eggs? Pasta? Buonissima! My favorite everyday pasta is linguine, so I made Linguine Carbonara. It's quick, easy, and luxurious--a perfect dinner for one!


All you do throw some noodles in boiling water and while they cook, beat an egg, cheese, fresh ground pepper, and a smidge of cream together (I used fat-free half and half since it was all we had on hand, and it worked fine). Toss with the pasta and some crumbled bacon (even though the recipe calls for pancetta) and you'll be in the best company ever.

The next time you're in need of a quick and tasty meal, go for some Carbonara. This recipe from Giada will hit the spot!

Happy Searching!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails