Saturday, September 4, 2010

Buffalo Chicken Sliders

Well, it's been a long time, my friends! My apologies for the long hiatus...I've had a few irons in the fire. Running my own classroom of seven- and eight-year olds for the very first time plus a mild case of pneumonia have required my full attention these past few weeks. Fun, overwhelming, and exhausting pretty much sum up the experience. Even though I've been busy, though, it doesn't mean I haven't been eating deliciously (thank you, Ryan)!

A few weeks back, the chef himself was craving some hot wings (which are some of my favorite pub-grub items as well). Without a good wing joint nearby, he improvised and ended up creating my new favorite treats: Buffalo Chicken Sliders.


They seemed to be fairly simple to put together:  Cut the chicken breasts to fit the slider buns, bread them (flour, then egg, then breadcrumbs), and toss them in a mixture of melted butter and Louisana hot sauce (Ryan basically followed the recipe on the bottle).


Place them on toasted slider buns (we found these little gems at our regular grocery store and they're awesome). Add a dollop of homemade blue cheese dressing (recipe below), some lettuce and diced red onion and you are in business--Scrumptious Buffalo Business! Served along side some roasted potatoes and a cucumber tomato salad, these sliders are so tasty--they'll become your new fave, too. Give 'em a try!

Best Blue Cheese Dressing
Equal parts mayo & sour cream
Blue cheese crumbles (as many or few as you like)
Chopped chives 
Squeeze of lemon
S&P


Mix all together. Dressing is thick--add milk to thin out if using for salad.


Happy Searching!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds wonderful, hot, spicy foods good for what ails ya. Rest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails