Friday, February 5, 2010

Maybe I'm part Cuban...

No, I haven't started smoking cigars. In celebration of the "Lost" premiere this week, we decided to have some island food. It was an island medley, drawing on influences from all over. Our menu included...

Limeade mojitos...

plantain fritters drizzled with spicy mango sauce...

and the reason I think I might be Cuban...this panini. Ryan roasted pork tenderloin that he had seasoned with coriander, garlic, salt and pepper. The assembly of the Cuban was my contribution: thin sliced pork, two kinds of ham (serrano and smoked), swiss cheese, a homemade relish of sweet hot peppers and dill pickles...pressed between mustard slathered ciabatta bread. Crispy bread, gooey cheese, salty, sweet, and spicy...how delicious is that? Try it--and you may find your inner Cuban, too.


Happy Searching,

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe you left off the coconut rice with cilantro. Too many mojitos for you lady friend. The Cuban style tenderloin also had cumin, grill seasoning, and bay leaves. It was a fun and tasty evening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to be stranded on that island. Would hope you are going to publish some of these receipes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um. Did you know that my favorite drink is a mojito? I can't make them. Teach me. Teach me. Yum.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails