Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Eatin' Chicken Soup With Rice

Over the holidays, my friend Andi (who I've known since 2nd grade) surprised me with a walk down memory lane. She made a copy of an album I used to listen to over and over again and as soon as I heard it, I was instantly transported back to my childhood. The album was "Really Rosie", written by Maurice Sendak and put to music by Carole King. As soon as "Chicken Soup With Rice" flowed through the speakers, my heart became flooded with warmth and happiness. Of all the songs on the album, it was probably my favorite and--just like the soup itself--made me feel cozy and childlike all over again.


A few nights ago, my husband Ryan (who I've known since before 2nd grade) surprised me with a heartwarming pot of chicken soup with rice. Now, I've had more noodles than rice with my chicken soup (and have been okay with it...I am Italian, after all). This batch made rice a winner. Roasted chicken, brown rice, carrots, onions and asparagus floated in a slightly creamy broth with a hint of saffron. Mmmmm. Like the song, this soup was cozy, heartwarming, and wonderfully delicious.

Happy Searching,


p.s. I surprised Ryan with the song while we ate...have a spoonful of Chicken Soup With Rice yourself by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails