Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Burger Bliss @ Cherry Cricket

Have you ever seen the Food Network show Best Thing I Ever Ate? Being the food lovers that we are, it's one that we view regularly. Chefs reveal their favorite dishes within a certain theme (best breakfast, best barbeque, etc). I actually don't have a lot of absolute favorites (I like to keep my options open). But if I were on the show about burgers, I'd know exactly what I'd pick. The best burger I ever ate? The Little Cricket Burger at Cherry Cricket in Denver, CO.


The Cricket is a Denver mainstay that's been around since 1945. After changing hands (and locations) a few times, it's still serving up fantastic burgers and brewskis in the chic Cherry Creek district.

What makes the burgers so unparalleled is that each ingredient is incredibly delicious. The beef, which has just the right amount of fat and is cooked to order, sits atop a fresh-baked bun that perfectly absorbs the patty's juices. The menu lists over 20 toppings to choose from so you can customize to heart's content. In the mood for a White Cheddar-Grilled Onion-BBQ Sauce combo? Or maybe you feel like Blue Cheese Crumbles & Sauteed Mushrooms? It isn't easy to decide, but you really can't go wrong.

This time, I went with a Bacon-Smoked Cheddar-Green Chile Strip version and threw on an onion ring for good measure. The result? Absolute burger bliss. Alongside a basket of fries and an icy cold Coors, I experienced burger euphoria.


If you're ever in Denver, it's a must. And if you're not? Well, it just may be worth the trip.

Happy Searching!


p.s. Hats off to Mama & Papa B for introducing me to this little piece of heaven--they're Denver natives and have been dining at the Cricket for years. Muah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails