Friday, June 15, 2012

Gimme A Gimlet!

I first discovered my love for gimlets after Mad Men's Betty Francis (then Draper) cooly ordered one several seasons ago. Intrigued, I ordered a vodka version the next time we happy-houred and it turned out to be right up my alley: tart, a little sweet, and almost too strong.


Well, I've fallen in love again. Alongside a dinner of Crab BLT Sandwiches (similar to the ones here), these Cucumber-Mint Gimlets are cooler than white shades in the summer. In addition to the refreshing cucumber and mint, this drink gets zing from lemon juice and sweetness from agave (instead of sugar, which is called for in the recipe). Although I usually prefer vodka, gin's unique juniper essence perfectly balances the sharp citrus and the mellow cucumber.

I think this may be my signature summer drink. What's yours?

Happy Searching,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails